Supramig HD solid wire has a unique composition and lubrication that provides a very stable metal transfer and wetting even at low amperages. Its unique chemistry helps to aggregate in circular shapes the silicate islands that come off on cooling as the metal has been deposited.
• The silicate islands detach from the weld metal easily
• The result is a clean bright weld bead, with no need for grinding
• Low heat input
• Bright clean weld beads with silicate island management
• Washed-out bead profile
KEY SUCCESS FACTOR
Unique manufacturing process and Supramig HD chemistry
In the robotic applications involving stationary fixtures the need to optimize the welding time is critical. The longitudinal welds are divided into many short welds and the robot changes the parameters continuously without stopping.
The out-of position welds are tacked in several parts to allow for an overall better cycle time and the joint geometry changes from part to part.
• Supramig HD greatly reduces bad bead profile and lacks of fusion
• Lower heat input brings additional welded joint soundness
• The silicate islands detach automatically on cooling
• Supramig HD allows increased travel speed compared with alternative solutions
POSSIBLE OTHER APPLICATIONS:
• Automated and robotic installations with great variability of tube thicknesses and trajectories
• Automated welding of steel carbon steel components 1-4mm thick