Dual stands allow for training two students at the same time on one machine, each independently performing welds using different processes, coupons, joints and Welding Procedure Specifications(WPS).
Life-like Welding Environment:
- Realistic puddle and actual welding sound helps welders learn to respond and adjust welding technique.
- Simulates sparks, slag, grinding and weld cooling.
- Welding discontinuities appear when improper welding technique is used.
- Virtual bend test provides results instantly and reveals what causes a weld to pass or fail.
Reinforcement for Students:
- Demos of successful welds.
- Replicates proper machine set-up using a Welding Procedure Specification. Students must select gas type, process, gas flow, amperage/voltage and wire-feed speed in the system.
- Tracks and scores key weld parameters including work angle, travel angle, travel speed, distance and position.
Support for Welding Instructors:
- Encourages more consistent feedback than traditional training.
- Replay mode (in multiple views) helps instructors and welders identify what went wrong or well.
- Intuitive software program designed to bridge welding curriculum with hands-on training.