Arc Products™ weld tracking and positioning systems precisely position arc and track joints for wind tower section fabrication
Motorized Slide Control Systems provide horizontal and vertical axis positioning for submerged arc or GMAW arc welding processes. Operators manually control movement using an intuitive joystick pendant in simple, repetitive welding applications to improve weld consistency and quality, while reducing operational costs in comparison to manual welding operations. Features include:
- Responsive arc positioning control – Less operator fatigue and error compared to hand crank-operated manual slides.
- Easy to install and set up – Minimal fixturing required, delivering lowest cost entry to hard automation.
- Simple system selection – Choose a cross slide assembly based on necessary load capacity and determine the needed travel stroke length of each axis. Pre-configured systems also are available.
- Flexible integration – Incorporate with almost any welding power source, feeder and controller group.
Cross Slide Assemblies can be used to mount submerged arc or GMAW single or tandem welding arc equipment. These compact, lightweight systems are capable of manipulating the arc in both the horizontal and vertical axes with fast travel speeds. Features include:
- Three standard models:
CS40—40 lbs. @ 6 in. from adapter plate with a 24 ipm travel speed. Ideal for MIG applications where loads are small or size constraints exist.
CS250 – 250 lbs. @ 12 in. from adapter plate with a 32 ipm travel speed. Works with most single arc welding. A reverse motor allows two systems to weld in close proximity.
CS450 – 450 lbs. @ 24 in. from adapter plate with a 17 ipm travel speed. Features heavy-duty assembly for single or twin arc applications. A reverse motor facilitates simultaneous welding from two systems in close proximity.
- Rugged construction – Ball-bearing V-wheels ride on hardened steel rails mounted on an aluminum base structure, while totally enclosed DC gear motors drive the covered re-circulating ball screws.